More and more businesses are moving operations to the cloud. This increase is happening as more cloud innovations are hitting the market – and more technology companies are shifting their priorities to cloud.
For businesses looking for benefits, the cloud offers many. Whether you’re looking to expand your cloud use after adopting Office 365
or you’re a cloud nonuser, you might be wondering if it really makes a big difference in how you do business. Improved productivity and streamlined operations are two cloud benefits that companies of all sizes are constantly chasing.
So, how does cloud bring about such sweeping changes?
Here are 9 ways that cloud streamlines your operations:
- Flexibility. The cloud is more easily scaled than on-site equipment, storage or software. You can scale up and down as needed, giving you exactly the technology you need, when you need it.
- Ease of access. The flexibility to manage tasks while in the office or on the road, from several devices, allows your employees to be more productive anywhere.
- Quicker troubleshooting. Cloud-based technology often is simpler to manage and issues are more easily resolved. This helps mitigate delays and get you back up and running in no time.
- More customization. The cloud allows more customization to your environment than on-premise solutions. This customization can be used to better hone your business processes and exceed industry standards.
- Security. Cloud is a more secure environment than on-premise because it is housed at a datacenter with the highest levels of physical and virtual security which SMBs are hard-pressed to navigate.
- Data redundancy. Data stored in the cloud typically is stored in more than one data center, ensuring that it’s backed up and easily retrieved. This leads to minimal disruptions to business.
- Higher quality tech. Cloud solutions are constantly updated so you are running the most up-to-date technology and you don’t have to keep repurchasing it. That enables more efficiency in your operations and less investment.
- Use what you have. You can even leverage your existing equipment and run more sophisticated applications on it, allowing you to be frugal and maximize your technical investment dollars.
- Increased productivity. If your local network goes down, your employees can easily shift to a new venue and continue working if their work is in the cloud.
While the cloud still relies on you to have a sufficient amount of bandwidth (and for some businesses that can be tricky, depending on where in Colorado you are), there are likely cloud solutions that you could use to increase your operational efficiency and make your business more streamlined.
As a small business owner, you can’t afford not to be thinking about ways to do business better and save money. Working with a consultant like Connecting Point can help you analyze the different cloud options to see which of these benefits are yours for the taking.
Could your business be more effective in the cloud? Contact Connecting Point at 970-356-7224
or online to find out.